They say March comes in like a lion, looking over our list of events I think I agree. Let's thank God for the way He is keeping us relevant and in service to our community! Lots happening this month, so be sure to take a moment and check out each bullet!
* TONIGHT (Friday), our High Places youth are pulling an all-nighter. Chad has a bus and Jump-Jam is ready! Please be in prayer for a fun, safe trip for our teens & by all means, if you’re feeling frisky, contact Chad for how you can help!
* TOMORROW (Saturday), our High Places men will meet for breakfast and Bible study at the Grove, 7:30 AM. Grab a biscuit or breakfast sandwich on the way and if you have time men, please read Ephesians 1 in preparation!!
* THIS SUNDAY, our women’s group will have its second meeting at 9:15. It’s not too late to join in if you missed last week! The topic is based on the book, “So Long Insecurity” by Beth Moore.
* THIS TUESDAY (March 12), leadership meeting at the home of Mike and Josh, 7808 Representative Lane, Knoxville, 37931. We will be moving through our Easter checklists and talking about the adult retreat which is April 12-14 in Dandridge.
* FRIDAY, March 29 is “The Outpour” Volume II at the Grove. This multi-band concert is a fundraiser for United Way and I really need HELP managing our commitments. High Places will handle concessions as well as provide opportunities for children. We will probably show a movie in the small theater or the movie room and have a few games / crafts while their parents enjoy the show.
* SATURDAY, March 30 is “An Inter-Active Concert for Life” with Kyle Ford and friends. This event will raise money to support foster families and mental health. His description is below:
“Everyone needs healthy ways they can cope with stress, anger, depression, etc. Soundtrack to a Life is an interactive concert/show experience to promote healthy creative coping skills, connecting local creatives with adolescents/families coping with traumatic life situations, while telling the story of a fictional person going through a traumatic life situation and how she uses music as a way to cope with each emotion she experiences (therefore creating a soundtrack to her life). Creative meet and greet / workshops start at 4pm on March 30, 2019 and the music show will be starting at 6pm. Childcare will be provided starting at 6p and go until 10:30pm. A minimum $10 donation is requested or $20 for the whole family.”
As you can see it’s a full month! And I didn’t even mention Secret City poetry night (tonight), a night with the “Black Pants Girls” (tomorrow), the science and comedy show we are hosting next weekend, open mic night, or the rock concerts that are all on the Grove Theater calendar this month!! You can always check our calendar on the website www.thegrovetheater.org.
God is working in an among so many of these groups and through those who are interacting with them regularly. Come join the party!
Happy Spring Break to all our students! Once we get through this weekend’s rain, it looks like great weather next week. Come on sunshine, we miss you!
Love to all,